Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transferring PCB Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomad13

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This might not be the right forum but I post this topic just because I was so proud of my achievement today. This might also be helpful to other and for some this might not be of interest.

I'm no biginner but I usually use masking tape and sticker for my prototype.

It was not new to me that some are using lazer printer for transferring patterns to PCB but I just discover which process is better.

Transparent Film or Photopaper

Today I tested which is better the transparent film (used in over head projector)
or photopaper (used for printing pictures at home).

I first tried the tranparent film the printout was fine but upon transferring the pattern to the PCB some lines stayed on the film rather than on the board. So i have to fix the pattern again by using masking tape.

Then I tried the photo paper the printout was much better I transfered the pattern to the pcb by ironing the back of the paper. After peeling I found out that the glossy part of the paper go together with the laser ink. All the ink now coated with the glossy part of the paper are well layed on the board (sorry if you can't understand my description). In short all the pattern was transferred to the board nicely.

I cannot conclude which is better but on my experience I rather suggest using photo paper than that of the transparent film.

I use a 5peso A4 size (around $ 0.10) photopaper 135gsm thinnest that i can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.