Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transfer of data from the two outputs to one input pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishna2728

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i send data from two outputs and my input is having only one input pin ,in simple way, how can i detect collision of responses when both the responses are trying to communicate to single input pin

One of my friend asked me to look into wired-and but not able to find suitable data

please help me............

Krishna2728

This is a multiple driver case and should be reported as a Warning when your reading it during simulation or during synthesis.

You can check the line activity for Idleness by comparing the last data* with unit delay and check again for a different data. If true, the line is now busy. Keep this as the core logic and build your system. This info should be enough for you to check the line activity.

* Considering the line as bus

This is a multiple driver case and should be reported as a Warning when your reading it during simulation or during synthesis.

Your answer shows that it's difficult to answer an unclear question.

In logic design terms, a net connection involving a potential collision without a resolving function won't synthesize at all.

The reference to wired-and suggests however a hardware design problem. An "and" combination of two signals would avoid a collision. Comparing the intended level with the combined result allows each driver to detect a collision. That's the working principle of busses with dominant/recessive levels, e.g. I2C or CAN.

Ya maybe the question is unclear let me clear the question,, its actually related to wireless technology where more than one cards are trying to access the point of sale(POS) terminal and in that case we will encounter a collision if both the cards are of same type so now how this will be intimated to the POS terminal which has only one input

And we r design both the chips ,connecting them with wires instead of wireless

What's the involved interface logic standard? Are the concurrent drivers tri-stateable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back