Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Transfer function - some very long and tricky computation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoibus

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I am designing a general FLF filter topology. I need it for filter design with genetic algorithms, so I thought the topology should be as general as possible. Consequently, I added leap=-frog connections of all possible orders (2, 3...etc).

I have attached my schematic for a FLF with 8 integrators.

Now, I was trying to write the transfer function (hand calculation), and get a general equation so as to extend it to n integrators. Mathematical induction seemed to be the solution, but at some point I lost track.

If you have a solution to this "exercise", could you please help me?

Thanks a lot!!!

Attachments

• paa.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 87

Hi PHOIBUS,

I don't know if it helps, please find attached (pdf-doc) a block diagram and the corresponding transfer function for a generic
Follow-the-leader topology.

Attachments

• FLF.pdf
    15.8 KB · Views: 96
OK, finally I've got it :)

The best solution is actually with Mason's rule. OpAMP + C form a losless integrator which will be the direct gains of a block diagram/signal flow graph. Feedback gains are the feedback resistor values (assuming the resistors at the OpAMP inputs are unity). Then Mason's rule is straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back