Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transfer Function in cascade and parallel form

Status
Not open for further replies.

scdoro

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Can someone help me to express the given transfer function in a cascade and parallel form. Please see the attachment for the transfer function.

Qn1)Upon expansion of the transfer function, i will get
{(9.75) + (7.2375z^-1) -(37.770625z^-2) + (18.69735z^-3) } in the numerator. I cant seem to solve this cubic equation by any trial and error method. Can someone assist?

Qn2) Based on the given transfer function, how can i get the correct expression for the parallel form?

Thanks alot

regards
scdoro

To find the roots if the given function,there are many numerical methods such as

1. Bisection Method
2. Newton ralphson method
3. Fixed point iteration
4. Muller's Method

Or you can simply use roots command in Matlab

Okie.thanks for your help. i managed to get the form for the cascade expression.

But i still have problem getting the expression for the parallel form. Can you help me with this?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back