Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transfer Data from LMX9838 to Cell Phone Using Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

redseal9

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have an embedded system that utilizes an LMX9838 module. I am using a Blackfin 527 to control the module. Currently, I have had a good bit of success with the system. I can successfully pair the embedded system with a PC, send data using Bluetooth, and receive/see the data on the PC. On the cell phone side, I can pair the embedded system with cell phones. When I send data to a cell phone, I receive the "data sent successfully" message from the LMX9838, but I cannot view or access the data on the cell phone side. I am using the SPP profile. What I am trying to find out is how do I access the data on the cell phone? It seems like this may require writing code for the cell phone. I am trying to make the system as universal as possible, so I thought maybe send a file rather than raw data would be easier. However, I do not know how to create/send a file using the Blackfin/LMX9838. Any suggestions or pointers to lead me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Please answer following so I can better understand your questions.

What kind of data you are sending to the Cell and to PC?
Did you developed any application at PC side or just used Hyper Terminal?
Do you get it in Inbox of mobile?
Which Mobile Phone you are using?

You can use Python for Symbian sets to develop an application which can receive data from Micro controller and save it in a file.

Regards,
Saqib

Status
Not open for further replies.