Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transceiver Design for RF Wide band application

Status
Not open for further replies.

1d0d4rf

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just wanted some suggested architectures for the RF transmitter design for frequencies around 500Mhz to 6Ghz,

I do have some trivial ideas as follows:
Use an IQ modulator, and then do some mixing and attach a power amp.

Any other ideas than this!?

The Bandwidth is tooo large for using that technique. I don't say that is "impossible" but really hard to implement.
Instead, using Software Defined Radio is more flexible and easy. For that, look at www.analog.com

What would need such a wide bandwidth in a
single "chunk"? Is band-select viable, so you can
support the plurality of antennae that the scheme
would want (in order to have decent antenna-gain,
you need to tune the antenna and not just the
oscillators)?

Yes, I get the fact that we need not actually have such a huge bandwidth of operation! But I want to make a system that can be used in a pretty redundant fashion and can cover if not all the band I mentioned, but at least provide me flexibility in certain bands, like operability in inter ISM bands

My main concern is amplifier section. of course there are some ICs in the market with huge bandwidth. but they are too expensive. one cheap solution can be sacrificing performance (gain) over bandwidth. this case you don't even put a matching... .
For synthesizer part, I thing you can cover it with regular synthesizer ICs existing in the market. (look at analog devices parts).
quadrature operation is tricky, but I think you can use a divider at the output of your synthesizer to create 90 degree phase difference.
These were my thoughts
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back