Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Track and hold simulatoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

wael_wael

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dears

could some one suggest me any any paper or tutorial for simulate the sample and hold, i have designed one but i still dont know how to test it. i got nice output but still i want make sure it is works as well.
regards

You can assemble an ideal T/H and run a sinewave through it and the actual design. Compare the ideal and actual design outputs and determine how many bits of accuracy are obtained. If you subtract the actual from ideal, you can get the non-idealities part of it (assuming they are all modelled) and then you have the actual signal to determine SNR.Hope that helps.

wael_wael

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For distortation analysis, you can do fourier transform of the output. For AC analysis, you can just do the hold mode operation. The common mode of the input and output are defined so that you don't need to worry about the DC bypass feedback.

wael_wael

transient simulation and FFT for distortion

wael_wael

thank so much, i will do that and tell you what is the result
thanx again for ur help

Status
Not open for further replies.