Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ToyFDTD: IF I Can Do It You Can Do It FDTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

snkhan

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fdtd python

ToyFDTD is very famous EM tool written in C and Fortran based on FDTD technique. Its heavily commented and initially written for those people who want to program FDTD.

Attachment is listing of different versions of ToyFDTD with some examples tutorial.
Please note that corresponding change log, version history, example etc are with in each version
I hope it will help.

Regards

toyfdtd

does it include absorbing boundaries ?

python fdtd

Yes,see, FDTD3.
Furthermore, toyFDTD4, is a 3D FDTD code implementing a point source in a free-space mesh with Mur absorbing boundaries

Reactions: mmr786

mmr786

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
toyfdtd python

ToyFDTD1 implements the FDTD algorithm for a rectangular waveguide in 3-dimensions with PEC boundaries. its really good, foundation for my project. you might want to use matlan for visualisation though.

Added after 1 minutes:

can anyone explain the reasoning behing the Mur update of the fields at the edges and corners in ToyFDTD4?

toyfdtd fortran

ticklingtish said:
ToyFDTD1 implements the FDTD algorithm for a rectangular waveguide in 3-dimensions with PEC boundaries. its really good, foundation for my project. you might want to use matlan for visualisation though.

[color=#]Added after 1 minutes:[/color]

can anyone explain the reasoning behing the Mur update of the fields at the edges and corners in ToyFDTD4?

I think in FDTD4, the code implemented how to use (an opensource visualization tool).

fdtd - python

Hi,

From 2001 until 2005 I had a web page called "The Numeric Python EM Project." In it I ported the ToyFDTD code to Numeric Python, where it could be run at 1/4 the speed of C, yet not have to be recompiled every time small changes were made to the source code.

Moreover, I developed code for a far field 3-D program for my ToyFDTD port and also an absorbing boundary version using different method than Mur.

The Achilles' heel of these programs was that I could not find an easy to use voxel movie viewer for Windows, and Animabob was becoming less and less compilable as Linux Mesa distributions were not including the required OpenMotif related libraries and headers any more.

Thus I gave up the project and took down the website. However, the whole site is still available as an approximately 10Mb "tar.gz" compressed file if anyone wants it.

Sincerely, Rob Lytle

Added after 54 minutes:

I recently checked Google and there are new sites where someone is also modifying the original C language ToyFDTD code and has been posted and/or being discussed. Animabob has been taken over by someone else and I will soon see if it compiles on FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE. Here are the links:

**broken link removed** (The original site with many former broken links fixed. The Animabob link is still broken but I have working source code for Linux and FreeBSD.)

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=/iel5/74/26318/01167275.pdf?arnumber=1167275
(my IEEE blurb published in the Antennas and Propagation Society Magazine)

**broken link removed**

Note that most of the links to my code and the original code are broken on Google. Plus there are derivatives of the original code and/or my code which do not attribute the authors and also break the GPL license.

And finally someone else has taken up the task of updating Animabob. For a long time I was the only one working on it.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=195178&package_id=230373&release_id=514352

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
python fdtd mesh

@Rob Lytle

It would be great if u upload your project at eda for everybody.

I'm working in Photonic wire ..Can anybody send a model code for that ?
SUNDAR:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back