Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch potentiometer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir

I ve got a link again relating a potentiometer with touch sensing configuration , here s the link

**broken link removed**

with diagram

sensitive-potentiometer-300x269.gif

please check it out , & too tell if this one is suitable for audio signals or we need to modify the given circuit ?????? please comment

I believe it only gives a [linear] control signal. It, by itself, is not a potentiometer.

I believe it only gives a [linear] control signal. It, by itself, is not a potentiometer.

ya i think same about it , so how to get a proper one in place of above ?

you could use the output to drive a LED which is directed onto a LDR which forms part of a voltage divider

ya ok & what about that voltage divider ? i am unable to get it for audio signals

its just a resistor voltage divider but with one resistor replaced with the LDR

input audio signal >--------------resistor---------------tap------------------LDR-------------ground.

tap point is where you get the variable audio output

its just a resistor voltage divider but with one resistor replaced with the LDR

input audio signal >--------------resistor---------------tap------------------LDR-------------ground.

tap point is where you get the variable audio output

ya sure got the point , so which resistor value should i choose at audio in ?

first choose the LDR, as they have different ranges and different max/min values

probably a LDR in the lower to middle max/min values would be better

Status
Not open for further replies.