Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Total/Scattered field formulat in BOR FDTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicMan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi! i've been doing FDTD for symmetric bodies(Body of revolution/BOR FDTD) but i have a problem introducing a PLANE WAVE using the TOTALfield-SCATTEREDfield formulation. can anyone help me with this?

Hi
In the book of sollivan says has two reason:
In order to simulate a plane wave in a 2D FDTD program, the problem space will be divided up into two regions, the total field and the scattered field .There are two primary reasons for doing this: (1) The propagating plane wave should not interact with the absorbing boundary conditions; (2) the load on the absorbing boundary conditions should be minimized. These boundary conditions are not perfect, i.e., a certain portion of the impinging wave is reflected back into the problem space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back