Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Total harmonic problem on 3 stage opamp circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRIAN_PENG

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all:
I got a problem with high THD degradation on simple 3 stage opamp circuit.
The THD is normal and the same as loop back from PXI-5422 (SG) to PXI-5122 (SA) on Ft(input frequency)=1Mhz sinewave or below. If inputing 10Mhz signal, THD degrad seriously per stage. I've calculated the THD degradation of THS4011, it's around -70dBc in 1Mhz, shouldn't be so worse as in figure I show you in attachment. Is that related to the RF reflection between stages? The PCB routing between stages are short.

Appreciate for your help!

Brianbrian_peng1@yahoo.com.tw

Hi Brian,
it's me from TEV how is it going? Tell your father thank you for the calligraphy it's beautiful my wife loves it.

I saw your post. The first thing that comes to mind is did you do a loop back test and account for the THD of your generator and digitizer ? it may be that the PXI generator is generating it's own harmonics as well.

cmontoya

Thank you! Chris, nice to hear from you. I am fine and how's your new life? The problem has been solved with alternative OPAmp (THS3091) for high voltage +-10V and low distortion at 10Mhz sine wave input.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back