Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Total harmonic Distortion - Differential Signal - Ltspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjha

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone..

I am trying to get the THD of an amplifier output in LTspice.
I used .four <freq> <signal> spice directive with .tran analysis and I can get the THD of a single ended signal..but i need THD of a differential signal..(LTspice just does not give anything when i try to enter a diff signal..)
does anyone know how to get the THD of a Diff Signal in LTspice??

Thanks in advance..

You could just use a VCVS (voltage controlled voltage source) to turn the signal into single ended.

Keith.

You could just use a VCVS (voltage controlled voltage source) to turn the signal into single ended.

Keith.

Thanks a lot Keith..

I did that and it seems to work..

btw..1 more question.. the THD on V+ and on V- is high..but that on [(V+) - (V-)] is lower....(LTspice shows a much lower voltage on even order harmonics for [(V+) - (V-)] )...
That's the way it is supposed to be right??

Thanks!

I can check if you show a circuit, but yes, it is perfectly possible. Some distortions (e.g. Second harmonic I think) can be cancelled out in complementary outputs.

Keith

Hello Keith,

Can you tell me how & where can I find the VCVS for differential to single ended conversion? Is it a component in LTSPICE ??

VCVS is an E source. It is in LTspice simply as e. It has two inputs and two outputs so is differential in/differential out. If you ground one of the outputs you will effectively make it single ended out.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back