Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Topic on Analog IC Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion , you should select a filed ,such as RF , Data convert , PLL.
etc, and the RF is too difficutl if you have good models and software for design ,and the testing is diffiult too.
ADC such as sigma-delta is very interesting and many sigma-delta theory and circuit theory used in it.
PLL is used widely , such as RF , Digtila system etc, and the noise performance is the key problem ,how to simulate and make it low is a good topic.
Hope this is useful for you

First read some articles/papers (simple ones from IEEE -- early years) and get a feel of what options you have. Then when you like an area ... look into more detailed papers from IEEE and decide on a topic

Do research on wireless for analog design ( LNA , PLL , Power Amplifier , Mixer , etc)it is challeging and you will learn a lot

can give some guide or refrence about analog ic design or cmos ic design, custom ic design
tnx

what is the free download link??? I couldn't download anything because i have 0 points. :(

flatulent said:
foolwu said:
I have to reply 10 times to get enough points..
time 2
You should use the free download link just below the costly points download link,

analog integrated circuit design(john-martin). Very nice book

I am also starting a research at the university on analog integrated circuit design (power amplifiers)

prof. give you freedom ,you can do what you like, but it may be too difficlty. i suggest RF ic design ,if you like
good luck

hi, hawk
where is "the art of analog design" ebook

I can not find it,:(
can you help me? thanks in advance

As a beginner, U can do some easy circuits,such as amplier, bandgap reference.U should make u be interested in this topic.It is important.

Classical circuit such as 2 stage amplifier is a good start. Especially if u have some book with step by step explaination, it would help a lot in the learning process. John & Martin book is good~!!!

u may focus on the PLL od AD/DA

there are some good and interesting topics in analog ic design.

latch up
matching
shielding
crosstalk

Here are the big topics:

Data converter,
Filter,
PLL or Oscillator

Basic topics:
AMPLIFIER(norrow band/wide band), Current/Voltage Reference

there are so many aspects .

you can refer to them and find the intersts

You can learn much about PLL or AD/DA since you have a background of digital circuit!

razavi or allen good books for you to get a feeling about analog ic design

uncle_urfi said:
For a digital IC designer, a challenging topic would be to model the inductance of the interconnects which is a pretty hot topic.

For starters,

h**p://www-mtl.mit.edu/research/icsystems/pubs/theses/thesis_pps.pdf

the above url is not opening....I also have checked with (.) in place of (-) after **broken link removed**.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back