Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Top-block layout clean in LVS calibre but not in Hercules...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mask_layout

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hercules pin swappable

hi Guys,

Im running LVS verification in Hercules to get SPEF files for RC extraction. However, verification fails to complete top level compare due to equivalency errors. This layout is clean in calibre but we got no CCI liscense. What parameters can i toggle in hercules to fix my problems.

Please help.

layout clean

you sure logic is different? or just property error?

Re: Top-block layout clean in LVS calibre but not in Hercule

cdic said:
you sure logic is different? or just property error?

Im verifying thesame digital logic circuit GDS with the same Astro generated verilog netlist.

Im verifying the layout in Calibre and Hercules. Results in Calibre shows clean. In Hercules, All lower level cells get clean. But Top level says it has equivalence errors and failed to compare. It says possible port swap. Im thinking that im setting something wrong in hercules parameters but i dont know what it is

Oh, I see. Then it must because of the pin swap, there are some options you can set in both calibre and hercules to ignore it.

Hmm there are certain things you would want to look into when you are checking using hercules, it is a hierarchial tool , you would want to see if the pins you are propogating are the ones going from top to bottom are same, and if the layers that you might have drawn are on the same hierarchial level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back