Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tools for creating package model

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
With that tools i can get package model for further modeling my schematic with it?
Thanks for advance

If you have a spice simulator then you can get packaging data from places such as here: **broken link removed** but a Spice model from a manufacturer will normally contain the effect of the package parasitics if they are significant. Some transistor models are supplied as two parts - the semiconductor model and the package model.

Keith.

The accuracy of my answer depends on if you are designing an IC or not.

I'm designing IC and earlier i do it with tool "pkg", but with that tool i can make only DIP and QFP package model

The Carsem link I gave has the parasitic capacitance/inductance for a lot of packages but it is not a "tool" - you would have to add the components manually in to the design to simulate it.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back