Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

toner transfer pcb method

Status
Not open for further replies.

david90

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
toner transfer pcb

I used an iron to transfer the toner to a pcb but I got blurs between pins. Some of the trace weren't sharp and looked rounded.

Did I put too much pressure on the pcb when ironing?

laminator toner pcb

Hi,

I guess either you overheated the paper and it expanded, or you slide it by applying too much pressure with the iron. In the second case the traces should look like they have slight shadowing near them.

Regards.

toner transfer temperature

I'm using the press n peel and I'm having trouble knowing when to stop ironing. If I iron it too much the toner expand and bridge between pads (learned it from 2nd attempt).

pnp pcb paper

I've used PnP a lot until now without any problems. You should iron it 6-7 minutes without applying too much pressure. Whats more important is the temperature of the iron. It should be at the highest temperature which doesn't make the PnP expand. The Pnp should be flat like new after the ironing.

Also the ironing should be made without steam.

Regards.

KoRGeNeRaL said:
I've used PnP a lot until now without any problems. You should iron it 6-7 minutes without applying too much pressure. Whats more important is the temperature of the iron. It should be at the highest temperature which doesn't make the PnP expand. The Pnp should be flat like new after the ironing.

Also the ironing should be made without steam.

Regards.

When you peel off the pnp, should the traces on the pcb look blue or black? I have experimented with both an iron and a laminator. When I use the laminator, the traces after peeling off the pnp look blue. With an iron, it looks black.

It should be dark blue. Darker than the color of the unused paper. It gets a bit darker when you heat it more.

KoRGeNeRaL said:
It should be dark blue. Darker than the color of the unused paper. It gets a bit darker when you heat it more.

What I'm trying to determine is whether or not I overheated the pnp. When using an iron, my trace is black colored. I think I'm overheating the pnp because the trace color it should be a dark blue like you said and not black.

david90 said:
KoRGeNeRaL said:

What I'm trying to determine is whether or not I overheated the pnp. When using an iron, my trace is black colored. I think I'm overheating the pnp because the trace color it should be a dark blue like you said and not black.

Yes, probabily you are.
It's simple to be sure though, just try the exactly same procedure with a lower temperature setting and look at the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back