Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tone decoder for sensing and detecting frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghasia

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,WHAt i know about tone decoder is that its used in sensing and detecting frequency.Can anybody widen my view on this topic.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Tone decoder

Hi Ghasia,

if you search on the Internet for Goertzel algorithm and DTMF tone detection you can find useful information about one (but maybe the most used in the world) application of these type of spectrum analisys techniques.
You can even find freely downloadable application notes with annexed code implementation for DSP in the manifacturer website of Analog Devices, Texas Instruments, Freescale, The Mathworks and so on.

Bye
Mowgli

Hi,

You may download the data sheet of LM567 (NE567); it contains a very useful information.

Regards

its much easier to take a dedicated IC like 8870 and to use it to decode properly the tones.
there are dtmf generators too - let me know if you need something in this direction

do you know how does this chip do the digital detection algorithm? In the datasheet, it said it use some sort of digital counting technique. Do you have any idea of what that is? If so, please help. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back