Toggle switch that activates with DC current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixote

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm working on a project that requires a reversal of polarity from my power supply (to activate a linear actuator) and it must be automated. For this reason I cannot use a regular switch. I already have a circuit to do this using a relay, but I need to send current through the coil to reverse the current of the second circuit.

What I am looking for is a way to toggle a circuit ON/OFF indefinitiely with 12VDC, using a 10 second pulse of 12VDC to switch between the ON and OFF positions. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to build this circuit using 2 12VDC relays, but I'm afraid I'm not very proficient with electronics and I'm getting quite frustrated and dazed.

Can someone lend me a hand with this?

Thanks!

Thanks! A little more complicated than I anticipated, but it's a good start.

Another option is to employ a "small" microcontoller and program all functions in software - if you don't like something just modify software and off you go ..
Here is an example of a switch based on the PICAXE-08 that can be easily modified to suit your appication ..

Rgds,
IanP

Quixote

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…