Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

to220 footprint orientation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
to220 footprint

I'm designing a PCB that has a device with a to220 footprint. I'm going to have the PCB assembled, and I'm trying to specify direction of how the parts should be soldered onto the board. How do I specify which way a to220 device is mounted? I've attached a screenshot of the footprint from Allegro.

to220 footprint

Hi,
will it mounted as horizontal or vertical?
Your footprint is not very good, than it must have (on silk) a thicker line on the side where the cooling flansh is!
In that case you must write a "manual" for mountig it so and so, i.e. "flansh is to component x&y"...It will be a source of failures!:-( Change in all case the footprint for the future pls.
K.

jeremyz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: to220 footprint

karesz said:
Hi,
will it mounted as horizontal or vertical?
Your footprint is not very good, than it must have (on silk) a thicker line on the side where the cooling flansh is!
In that case you must write a "manual" for mountig it so and so, i.e. "flansh is to component x&y"...It will be a source of failures!:-( Change in all case the footprint for the future pls.
K.

I'm mounting it vertically. I added a thicker silkscreen line for the side with the cooling heatsink. Thanks for your help!

Hi,
Your welcome & tnx!
Be care pls, that your regulator dont be overheated...
I makes i.e. on silk usually a silueth for some heath sink too_ can be at placement helpful.
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back