Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To start with coolrunner CPLD Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakashvenugopal

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

To start working with Coolrunner CPLD device. Can any one please send the basic documentation for CPLD and how to interface the Peripherals from CPLD?

Please help me.

Regards,
V. Prakash

To start working with Coolrunner CPLD device. Can any one please send the basic documentation for CPLD and how to interface the Peripherals from CPLD?

What is the exact model of the CPLD that you are using? Is this a development board or a board of your design?

BigDog

Hi,

I am planning to design coolrunner II (XC2C256) (TQ144 package). I heard that Nowadays xilinx CPLD Development boards get absolete. But there is a support on chip level. so i am trying to design my own board. I need help from you people.

thanks,
V. Prakash

Hi,

Thanks. Did Xilinx still selling the CPLD Development boards? Please let me know so that i will go for Development board itself.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Unfortunately, Digilent not longer manufactures or sell the XC2XL board. Xilinx still offer them to various distributors:

CoolRunner-II CPLD Starter Kit

**broken link removed**

However I see them regularly up for bid on eBay and they rarely sell for more than $25 used.

Here's a new in the box kit:

**broken link removed**

Here's various Coolrunner dev boards:

Coolrunner2 Development Boards

BigDog

Hi,

Did know the clock oscillator part number used in this attached reference schematic. Please let me know. refer page 1 of this attachment.

thanks,
V. Prakash

Attachments

• XC2XL-sch.pdf
    566.1 KB · Views: 88

Both my boards have a simple Half Can Oscillator 3.3V with a frequency of 1.8432MHz.

Similar to the 8-pin XO in following datasheet:

BigDog

Hi,

The Frequency range mentioned in the datasheet is 1.0 – 105.561 MHz. I want the clock oscillator of 16 Mhz? How to fix the this frequency range in it? No external component seen to tune the frequency? Please let me know.

thanks,
V. Prakash

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Hi,

The Frequency range mentioned in the datasheet is 1.0 – 105.561 MHz. I want the clock oscillator of 16 Mhz? How to fix the this frequency range in it? No external component seen to tune the frequency? Please let me know.

thanks,
V. Prakash

Hi,

Will this MXO45-3C-16M0000 for 16 Mhz?

Can i use Max 7381 for CPLD clock oscillator. Please find the attachment for the Max 7381.

Attachments

• Max 7381.pdf
    544.8 KB · Views: 86

Hi,

thanks. In the CPLD schematic, the decoupling capacitor of 0.047uf (ceramic) is used. can we go for decoupling capacitor of 0.1uf instead of this. please let me know.

thanks,
V. Prakash

and also please let me know the voltage range of this capacitor. can we use 0.1uf / 25V?

Attachments

• XC2XL-sch.pdf
    566.1 KB · Views: 72

Hi,

I had talked with xilinx PAE. We recommend to use 0.1uf /10V as decoupling capacitor for the CPLD Device. This for your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back