Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

to put lumped inductor between two microstrip lines in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkminz

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there
i am trying to simulate a structure having lumped inductor in HFSS. i have to put lumped inductor between two microstrip lines of certain thickness. i tried with joining them through a plate and RLC boundary over it but obtained result is not satisfactory.
i have attached the HFSS structure , required result and obtained result

any comments or suggestion would be really helpful.

build a box of vacuum across the 2 lines, define it as a inductance. The integration line should contact the 2 MS lines.

Added after 1 minutes:

The box could be just above the MS lines, and have contact with the MS lines.

Re: to put lumped inductor between two microstrip lines in H

james cook said:
build a box of vacuum across the 2 lines, define it as a inductance. The integration line should contact the 2 MS lines.

Added after 1 minutes:

The box could be just above the MS lines, and have contact with the MS lines.

hi james thanks for replying . your statements 1)The box could be just above the MS lines
2)The integration line should contact the 2 MS lines.
are bit confussing. plz expalin the 1st statement bit more clearly .
thanks in advance

If you have HFSS and Designer available you might want to consider co-simulating where you build the traces with HFSS and combine them in Designer with the inductor.

I would speak with one of the application engineers for the details.

Regards

ya i have both software pls expalin me how to co - simulate

Added after 44 minutes:

hi james cook
i made the structure as per ur instruction .....pls check weither i have done everything correct or not ....but still result is not the required result

here is a HFSS expample.hope to clarify...

thanks james
this ckt will give me more confidance in designing structure

i just want to know as u have put the vaccum box above microstrip line so why there is need to draw box a sheet would have done the work .
when i said box in between microstrip line i meant a box structure between two lines not above them any way if this the way then fine i will go along with it

if u have anything else to tell me regarding this pls do tell me

The vaccum box with lumped RLC can repsent a chip capacitor, chip inductor or chip resistor on the MS line. The box size should be of the package size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back