Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

to jian (its very urgent)--PIFA antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanthi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai sir,
i am jayanthi . In PIFA antenna reg simulation results i am getting 3-dB peak gain in 3 dimensional radiation pattern . at theta=45deg in azumithal plane i am getting 3db paek gain,but at theta=0deg i am getting -10dB.
while taking measurements how to show my peak gain is 3dB,becoz
while taking measurements they are considering only at theta=0deg ,how to measure my peak gain at theta=45deg

with thanks
jayanthi

Hi, Jayanthi:

There are multiple ways:

1. You can rotate the pattern by some angles on IE3D. After rotations, you can measure the peak at theta = 0.

2. You can display the 2D patterns on graphs. Then, you can define 2 markers on the 3 dB angles on the graphs. PATTERNVIEW allow you to calcualte the difference between the 2 markers.

Regards.

hi sir
in one of yhe IEEE paper the gain at phi=0deg is -2dbi and gain at phi=40deg is 2dbi that is the peak gain is 2dbi at phi=40deg . In IE3d i know how to see the max gain at phi=40deg but while taking measurement after fabricating the antenna
how to test the gain at phi=40deg .please ex[plain me
with regards

Hi, Jayanthi:

I am not quite sure about your question "... but while taking measurement after fabricating the antenna how to test the gain at phi=40deg .please ex[plain me...". In my understanding, simulation and measurement are similar. You can get their pattern data. You can find the maximum. If you calibrate your equipment correctly, you can find out the gain. On simulation, there is no calibration involved. We are able to find the total radiated power and the power density. From there, we are able to find the gain. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back