Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

to aquire the data sent from 8051 and save it on an excel sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathishnrao

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi iam sathish,
iam doing a project on 8051 1 want to aquire the data serially and save the data on an excel sheet
pls help in getting an solution
thank u

Hi Sathish
Download a software called 'COM port tool kit' which is a serial window and it gives u an option to save the serially sent/receive data from microcontroller in PC in.txt format

Hi
M sorry i dint give u the complete information regarding the interface between PC and microcontroller. Please follow the below link for further details.
**broken link removed**
Interface circuit between controller and PC is common. so try to make this on a small general purpose board(MAX 232 and DB9 connector)
Regards
AK

You may also use Hyperterminal to save your serial data as a text file. Use the "Capture Text" option in "Transfer" menu. This file can then be imported into excel either manually or by using a macro. The file can be saved as an excel file.

Or you can use a Visual basic interface using a 232 serial comm and program it to keep saving files on excel

something like

Code Visual Basic - [expand]
Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel

(...)

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click

APP = New Excel.Application

workbook = APP.Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\...\...\...\Excel\excel_1.xlsm")

worksheet = workbook.Worksheets("sheet1")

end sub

Private Sub Button5_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button5.Click
        APP.Run("Save_ChartAsImage")
        workbook.Save()
        workbook.Close()
        APP.Quit()
    End Sub

i also use alot of macros in excel/word files for everything like printing in pdf, save as pictures(graphs etc...) and you can also activate these within the visual basic program. it is all automatic

with hyper terminal you need to receive *.txt file, open excel, import data, do whatever you want, export graphs print or whatever and save.... :S it is just too many clicking and button pushing hehe.

Beware that there are ways to auto detect in wich "sheet" on excel you are working and to activate that one. in the code i sent you it is already hardcoded to sheet1 only

Best regards,
Zwi

Hi
I think this address be useful : **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back