Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] TO-3 MOSFET N-CHANNEL 1000V to 1200V, 25Amps above current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHeTTRoNiCS

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone please help where can get this TO-3 MOSFET N-CHANNEL 1000V to 1200V, 25Amps above current. Thanks

Modern power transistors aren't made in metal can packages anymore, I don't think you'll find one with those specs. But you can likely find an IGBT with those ratings in a smaller package (but you will need a heatsink).

Oh it's a bad news to me...so I need to have a huge modification on the mosfet area. Anyone please, any idea? Any vendor can help find this? thanks

Oh it's a bad news to me...so I need to have a huge modification on the mosfet area. Anyone please, any idea? Any vendor can help find this? thanks

Hi RHeTTRoNiCS

As "mtwieg" said before , it can't be found . ( and i believe if you find such a thing you'll have to pay a lot of money for that . )
Anyway , If you Explain for what purpose you're looking for such a mosfet and what's your frequency of operation , perhaps we can suggest you better solutions ? i think as for 1000 volt IGBT will be less dissipative . isn't it ? but of course if you're working on low frequencies .

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hello Goldsmith...am working in a company...we have TO-3 mosfets that keep blowing from our power supply after a period of time. More than 10 pwr supply using and running 24/7...The team planning to increase the rating of mosfets. T0-2 have a lot of higher rating but we need to modify the heatsink and some pcb mounting. Thus, still prefer same T0-3 mosfets. Am not good in mosfets, I know only voltage and current rating were the only important, frequency I don't know.. Money is not an issue for now, we really need who can supply us.

Well, after a few minutes of searching I'm pretty sure no such thing exists, and for good reason. TO-3 has inferior thermal performance to TO-247, which is what many modern IGBTs and MOSFETs are put in.

Anyone please help where can get this TO-3 MOSFET N-CHANNEL 1000V to 1200V, 25Amps above current. Thanks
Hello Goldsmith...am working in a company...we have TO-3 mosfets that keep blowing from our power supply after a period of time. More than 10 pwr supply using and running 24/7...The team planning to increase the rating of mosfets. T0-2 have a lot of higher rating but we need to modify the heatsink and some pcb mounting. Thus, still prefer same T0-3 mosfets. Am not good in mosfets, I know only voltage and current rating were the only important, frequency I don't know.. Money is not an issue for now, we really need who can supply us.
Doesn't sound like you did a serious analysis of failure cause until now. This would be the first step to fix the problem.

GUys don't have time to do more deeper analysis. Have so many problem also on the floor. And we're running 24/7. All I need is info if we can still find the mosfet...

I might be able to help you solve your X class MOSFET issues, but you would need to contact me with much more information than can be supplied here.
Does it have to be TO-3?

Is something like this suitable?

VDSS, Max, (V) 1200
ID(cont), TC=25°C, (A) 26
RDS(on), max, TJ=25°C, (Ω) 0.5
Ciss, Typ, (pF) 14000
Qg, Typ, (nC) 255
trr, Typ, (ns) -
trr, Max, (ns) 300
PD, (W) 960
RthJC, Max, (ºC/W) 0.13

what is the original
if you can remedy to insert in another casing?

what is the original
if you can remedy to insert in another casing?

I've seen individuals substituting TO3 devices, with TO247 or TO3P ones. They are not a direct fit, but leads can be bent into place carefully with some needle nose pliers.

I might be able to help you solve your X class MOSFET issues, but you would need to contact me with much more information than can be supplied here.
Does it have to be TO-3?

As mentioned previously, if not TO-3 then we were having a huge modification in heatsinks area and so with the PCB. Looks like we can find it already...really appreciated all of you Guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Am closing this ticket but in case in the future you come across with vendor who can supply me the mosfet I wanted please send me message through EDABOARD.

MORE POWER EDABOARD...THANKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back