Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TL494 half bridge smps

Status
Not open for further replies.

aksnis

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I was studying a tl494 based half bridge smps
I came across the current sense section opamp pin 15 & pin16
Now pin16 is connected directly to the ground
But there is some arrangment made to pin 15

I have drawn a part of it
Please can anyone help me what is a purpose of “103 trimpot” and why does the transistor “ 2n2222a” is also used which Is connected to microcontroller pic18f452

Attachments

• F6B135DC-1792-4CCB-9370-5A8CA4953C8F.jpeg
    F6B135DC-1792-4CCB-9370-5A8CA4953C8F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 281

103 is most likely 10k. Potentiometer 10 kohm.

2N2222 is low power general purpose transistor. It translates 5V signal from your microcontroller to 12V level.

Yes sir its right but what exactly this type establish
This system
How exactly it works i am unaware of

Looks like a programmable output current limit. Without the full schematic, we can only guess how it's connected to the µC and what's the exact function. In case of doubt, you need to look into the µC code.

Sir this is a half bridge smps
Now
When the output is 0v the transistor base voltage given from microcontroller is also 0v
Once increased till 100v (smps max ) the highest voltage given from mcu to the transistor base is 0.24v

Status
Not open for further replies.