Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Summary in Xillinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSAKARIM

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using Xillinx ISE13.2, how can I generate Timing summary to know the maximum allowable frequency of a certain design ?

You use constraints, if you don't use constraints then the tools will do an extremely poor job of meeting any timing (as there isn't any requirements). I guarantee it will be very slow compared to using constraints, unless the design is so simple that it always implements the same way regardless of the clock constraint or lack thereof.

If you don't care about timing closure then add a clock constraint of 1 MHz and the STA report will show the clock frequency achievable (above 1 MHz). Unlike Quartus tools ISE and Vivado doesn't seem to give any timing summary for unconstrained designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.