Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Constraints in synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlulani

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am working xilinx's tools ISE 6.1, I have simulated various VHDL codes using ModelSim and Aldec simulator. I have successfully synthesised them too with ISE but I dont know about timing constraints, could anybody refer me tutorial on it and associated terms like : clock to pad and pad to setup etc.

thanks in advance

Nitin [/b]

from xilinx website you can get the relevant pdf document

hi fakeha_s,
But it didnt help me to understand where, why and how should i specify timing constraints. could you send me a link from where i can get more abt it

thanks and regards,
Nitin

Have you read the Constraints Guide? That PDF file is in your ISE documents folder.
Chapter: Constraint Types. Section: Timing Constraints.

timing constraints is very important for synthesis. you can refere to those books of "timing" for detail.

soccer said:
timing constraints is very important for synthesis. you can refere to those books of "timing" for detail.

Can you suggest me names of those books or refer any if availble for download from eda

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.