Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Time varying (voltage controlled) capacitor (LTSpice or PSpice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stenzer

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to make a spice simulation with a time varying capacitor. Is it possibel to do that in LTSpice or PSpice e.g. with a control voltage. As far I know with LTSpice it is just possible to vary the charge. But I have to change the capacitnace and keep the charge constant to simulate an electrostatic energy harvester.

I'm thankful for any advice!!!

BR

You can change the capacitance in LTspice using a voltage control but I don't think it will maintain a constant charge in the capacitor as you want.

... change the capacitance and keep the charge constant

For this you have to use a function of the form C ~ 1/V . Should be possible in PSpice. See the manual.

It's surely possible with behavioral sources, similar to the modelling of nonlinear semiconductor capacitance.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back