Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

time domain reflectometry interpretaation of a simple circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,I have constructed the following circuit in HSPICE,and it gives me the following waveform
I am having problem the imaging the waves.
I know that we have the first wave hit node 3 then it goes back and again to node 3,but i cant see how to calculate time intervals of the plot bellow.
how we construct the impedance to time domain plot from this voltage to time plot?
Thanks.

1615445128981.png

1615445161210.png

Last edited:

how we construct the impedance to time domain plot from this voltage to time plot?
I'm not aware of "impedance-to-time-domain" as a commonly understood technical term. What do you mean?

The problem of your setup is that the stimulus has rather slow rise time, you would need to de-convolute the output signal with the input ramp. Better use a fast step to visualize the reflection versus time.

Hello FVM, I have an ADS TDR simulation shown bellow and the TDR result.
We measure the impedance at V2 by formula IMPEDANCE=V/I=V/(delta(V)/R)=(V*R)/Voltage_drop_over_R
And we get a plot as shown bellow.
my logic is the impedance information at V2 being updated every time with the impedance at certain locations of the system at the SNP?
Correct?

another thing is how do we know by the impedance TDR if my EYE diagram will get worse?
Thanks.

1615472877014.png

1615472832311.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back