Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Time delay using PIC16C55

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirdizel

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking to perform a time delay for 1 hour using assembly language. My timmer is incrementing every 32 microseconds. I have the maths worked out I just don't now what way to go about it. If I run it for 250 times then do that 250 times I can get 2 seconds. If I rund that 225 times and do it 8 times I can get an hour. If someone could help me I would appreciate it very much.

Hi,

There are a couple of different ways to produce a time delay, either by a software delay or by using the internal Timer 0 of the pic chip.

What times they can produce depends on the Crystal frequency you are using, so you must first state what that is.

Both hard and software delays only produce delays of up to 1 second so you then need count up the seconds to equal 1 hour.

Those tutorials I mentioned before have examples of both software delays and timer0 delays - see 'flash a led' and 'timer0' sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.