Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thurlby Thandar TF810 (or TF8xx series) Frequency Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky_123

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I didn't think I'd need an instruction manaual for a frequency meter!
However, I've not used this one before, and it has a range button on it to switch between 10 and 200MHz.
However, the button does nothing, it stays on 200MHz range. Am I supposed to have some other settings
or level before the button allows me to switch to 10MHz, or is it likely faulty..

If anyone has a similar meter, or the instructions for it, I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks!

I am not sure the frequency selection buttons on frequency counters do as much as you think. They sometimes only switch some input circuitry or allow the selection of different gate times. I have a frequency counter which I don't use any more where it seemed to make little difference which setting you used, other than the sensitivity seemed a little different.

Can you measure low frequencies as well as high? The specification for your counter seems to suggest a different choice of gate times depending on the range.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the info. Yes it does seem to measure low frequencies, so I won't worry too much about that button.
I purchased the counter second-hand some time ago, but never got round to switching it on!

Cheers.

If you can work out the gating time (see how often the display changes) the choices should change from 0.1, 1, 10s to 0.2, 2, 20s depending on the switch position. Even if it the button doesn't work I don't think it will limit your use too much.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back