Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

THURLBY THANDAR PL320T GP Power Supply - Help for remote GPIB communication commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

auato

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

I have an old TTI dual power supply (PL320T-GP) and I'm trying to drive it through a USB-GPIB interface. I don't know if the PL320T's GPIB interface runs correctly but I am sure that the USB-GPIB int. works well (I can control perfectly my Fluke 45 DMM). Looking the video below, you can see that my power supply answers to IDN command but only the first time, then the response is always with a similar string: "XVYI".
What does it mean :?: Maybe XV means X Voltage and YI Intensity of current
Please, do you have any tip, doc or command list to try to set V and I for both power-supply modules?

Regards
Ciro

Last edited:

I've got a pair of PL330DP PSUs which are very similar. I got them free of cost because they were faulty (lucky me!).

I wrote to them through their web site https://www.tti-test.com/ and they were extremely helpful to the point of sending me the service manuals. Mine have the RS232 and GPIB interfaces in them but I do not have the users manual unfortunately. It would be worthwhile trying to contact them for help.

Brian.

Thanks Brian. I wrote to TTI ... hope for a quick reply.
I take this opportunity to post a second more detailed video

Already tried to enter some random numbers to try to set V and I without success :-?

Regards
Ciro

Last edited:

Hi Ciro, I have the same PSU with the same issue. I am using a Prologix USB-GPIB controller. Have you had any progress??

Problem solved thanks to a very helpful person at TTi, see attached manual for the PL~GP Series PSU's.

Attachments

• Old PL-GP manual.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 166
Thanks Sonics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back