Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Threshold voltage effects and transmission gates

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilgarg.nitk

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. can anybody tell me about threshold voltage effects?? and how transmission gates eliminates these effects???
2. D-flip flop using transmission gates along with its working??

hi nikhil
If u use a ptype or ntype pass transistor only the u will not be able to get a strong logic level at the output, for ntype pass transistor in case u give logic 1 at i/p u will get degraded logic 1 at o/p similarly in ptype pass transistor if u give logic 0 at i/p u will get degraded logic 0 at output the degradation of the i/p will depend on threshold voltage in ntype u wil get Vdd-Vth and in ptype u get Vth at o/p. but when u use transmission gate ptype & ntype are in parallel so the shortcoming of one type is compensated by other type, in this way transmission gate remove these threshold voltage effects.
For the working of D flip flop i will recommend u to read any book on cmos vlsi design there u can find a very good explanation of it . for eg u can go for cmos vlsi design by Neil Weste
I hope u will find this post helpful.

D-flip flop using transmission gates can work well.
Some tranditional structure is built with transimission gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back