Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Three Phase detction using GSM Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbsblm

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We are working on the project "Three Phase Indicator using GSM Module" . Detection is done. But we want to know how to interface a GSM module with AT89S52 Microcontroller and how to send and receive SMS.
Kindly help me as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Mihir.

Did you already study the SMS related part of the GSM module's AT command set? It seems to be the next project step.

Reactions: jbsblm

jbsblm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
No we are totally new to the GSM Module Interfacing. wud apprecate really if i get a circuit diagram of interfacing a GSM Module with Microntroller 89S52.

The diagram isn't a big thing. Basically you need to crosswise connect RxD and TxD. RTS of the GSM module should to be additionally connected to ground. If you are not sure about handshake operation (I don't remember to have it ever used with a GSM modem), you can connect RTS and CTS to processor port pins just in case.

If the SIM card is external to the module, you have to provide the connection. LEDs available with the module should be wired as well. Necessity of antenna and power supply connection is obvious, I think. For voltage range and current delivery please refer to the modem documentation.

Reactions: jbsblm

jbsblm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.