Not open for further replies.

m33ral98

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
Hi,I am new to website and new to this subject aswell,so if my quetions ar silly please bare with me.

I am trying to build Three phase H bridge,using 6 mosfets to commutate Three phase Bldc motor.Voltage supply for this motor is 15v-60v DC and i am using Atmeg8 microcontroller to control it.

My questions are related to H-bridge:

1) How do i choose MOSFETs?

i have build a H bridge using 3 p-mos (High) and 3 n-mos(mlow) using driven by four switching inverters made by transistors.

2)IF i build another h bridge with all n-mos will it giv me same results?

3)i have also consider using L6385 driver,would that make any diffrent?( by the way i havent figured out how to use it tho)

4)when it comes to H-bridge and drivers,how to decide which one is better refer to cost,efficiency and avaibillity?

Hi

1. You can select MOSFETs according to the voltage & current ratings, Also consider the Rds(ON) .. use least RDS(on) MOSFET so that heating will be less.

2. You can use N channel mosfets at High side , but to drive high side gate you have to use boot-strapping or separate isolated power supply . It will work the same way as with p&n channel mosfet H bridge

3. IR2110 ( from International rectifier irf.com) are good, M57962L based drivers are also works fine

hello
I used 3 for a L6384 for a motor 50,000 rpm at 60V
L6384 are stmicroelectronics

Last edited:

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi...i was looking thru an application note by ON semiconductors on control of 3 phase BLDC motors using MC33035....
my queries:
1. the circuit uses both p channel n n channel;any specific reason? can we use n channel for both? how would that change the circuit design?

2. can we use the circuit to control 5V motors by putting some buffer in between? if so, how would i alter the design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…