Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

three phase ac drives using pic microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush_embedded

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends,,

i am working on 3Φ ac drives and i have generated pwm waveform by pic(18f2331) controller.i have build the ckt as follows

pic18f2331 -> optocoupler -> ir2110 -> h-bridge.... first i want to simulate single phase ac drives so i have attached below ckt diagram.
but my problem is that one half bridge gets warm then other. so what is the possible solution.

thanks in advance

inverter ckt diagram.jpg

Dear piyush
Hi
Did you created enough dead time in your SPWM signals ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

first of all thanks for giving me reply..

yes i have maintained 2us constat dead time by micrcintroller.
but my problem is that 1 out of three half bridge is get warm then other two. i dont have connected any load across inverter yet.
have u any idea about that. its urgent please...

If all of the stages are the same , and just one of them is going to be warm , it can be because of dead time , too !!!!!! don't forget that we don't have any things that are really similar together . so i think the internal capacitor of your switches are different .
Try to increase dead time of that section that is dissipative . it would be cold !

yes, you are right, now i have incresed the dead time from 2us to 10us and its working!, thanks for your help.
now the problem is when i try to run 3-phase motor it can't run smoothly. and speed is also low however i give 200v dc supply.

what is possible cause for that do you know?
i follow AN900 application note from micrchip.

Hi again
200v dc supply. ???!!! how much is the work volt of your motor ? is that 380 volts ? if yes , why you gave it 200 volts ??!!
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.