Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] this type of interfacing HDD possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gannu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello members ,
Recently my laptop stopped working and got to know the motherboard has to be replaced.so can i be able to recover data stored in HDD of spoiled laptop....? If yes then how can i interface this HDD using µCONTROLLER..?

HDD:5K320-160
SATA:3.0GB/s
capacity:160GB
RPM:5400

To refer the image of HDD:

It can be connected to a desktop PC or an USB-to-SATA bridge, e.g. by changing the drive against the internal HDD of an USB drive.

For recovering data you have to connect it to another computer (as FVM said). Why do you want to interface it with another microcontroller.

One option is to use an external USB drive enclosure, available with either an internal SATA or ATA interface:

The drive enclosure would allow you to use virtually any PC or Laptop with an USB Port to access your drive.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back