Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This printer can be used? (picture supported)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatihbayir

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi pals.

i have a dot matrix (not thermal or inkjet) printer which i removed from an old electronic cash register (ecr). anybody knows how it works and can i use this with a microcontroller or with PC based projects. here is a photo of the printer:

Hi,
You may be able to use it with a micro; it looks like there are about 20 connections, so I am guessing it would be parallel interface. I would try googling for dot matrix printers, and see what you come up with for interfaces. You will also have to do some expeerimenting to figure out the connections. It should be easy to figure out which wires are power and ground. It looks like there is a number printed on the thing, but I can't see the photo now, as I'm replying. Can you do a search on that number? Also, which cash register did it come from? You may find a data sheet, or at least a wiring diagram for the cash register.
I think this would make a good project!
Best wishes,
Robert

yes my pal. i did a search. but i didnt find anything worth. the numbers on printer
is M-109G epson. maybe you could help us.
regards

As far as I can see in the picture the type is not "M-109G" but "M-190G".
So here's the (googled) datasheet:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Mik

Hello again,
Well, searching was not easy, but I did get a couple of things. Looks like M!K got a hold of similar, or better. I'd check those out. I did find:
EPSON printers feature an industry standard Centronics Parallel type interface. The printer
side of this interface utilizes a 36 Pin connector. The pin assignments for this connector are
as follows:
This was found in a manual for another dot matrix printer, but I don't think yours has 36 connections, does it?
There are specs for your board here:
**broken link removed**
Epson support is at http://emeasupport.epson-europe.com/downloads.aspx?LNG=en-EU
You may have to take a closer look at the controller board.
You may also find a datasheet here: http://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2
Keep us posted!
Regards,
Robert

first of all yes, it is not m-109g. it is m-190g. that's my fault, sorry.

secondly this printer has 20 pins.

and finally thanks to you all for your helps. i will check the links that you wrote here. i hope i can find something useful. thanks again
regards

(if any other idea please go on writing here...)

Here is a controller for a M150, M160 to use with a Pic Micro. "http://www.datasynceng.com/smpl.jpg"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back