Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This is my problem about HFSS,who can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpower

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I have uploaded my object and two IEEE papers relatived with it.I want to use HFSS to implement the method explained in the papers to model the coupling effection between the DR and microstrip lines.

I drawed a cavity including a DR and a microstrip line and set similar dimension and the same material to the example in the paper.After posting processing eigenmode solution in HFSS,I found the resonate frequency is close to the result in the paper,but the result of the equivalent lumped circuit parameters calculated from the calculator of HFSS is very different and unacceptable.Maybe I made a mistake in making the model,I have no idea about it.

The object is made by HFSS9.2, and the magnetic flux surface and electric flux surface are signed with S_Magnetic_Flux and S_Electric_Flux in the facelist.In addition,I dont know how to define the tangential component of the magnetic field for calculating the losses power Plosses.

Can anyone kindly tell me where the mistake is in my object? And how to implement the distribute approach more accurater in HFSS? I think it is very useful for doing the simulation of DRO and dielectric resonator filter in ads or designer.

Thanks. Best regards.

Hi,
how you calculated the equivalent lumped circuit?

I believe that may be problems can arise from the
equivalent circuit

Rugbyfun

rugbyfun said:
Hi,
how you calculated the equivalent lumped circuit?

I believe that may be problems can arise from the
equivalent circuit

Rugbyfun

Hi rugbyfun

You can download the attachment I uploaded. The equivalent circuit is explained clarity in the papers.

Thanks. Regards

hi
u might wanna look at this transtech software for DR resonators. it gives the lumped equivalent elements, Q, coupling with microstrip distance.

hitmo said:
hi
u might wanna look at this transtech software for DR resonators. it gives the lumped equivalent elements, Q, coupling with microstrip distance.

Hi hitmo

Thanks for your attachment, I have got it. But I think this software is impossible to calculate the lumped circuit of the coupling model between multiple microstrip lines and DR methoded in the two IEEE papers. Do you have other approach to model the coupling affection??

Thanks. Regards.

Can anyone have some opinions about the model methoded in the IEEE papers?

To my disappointment , I think there is few people working in this field and it is prove that it is difficult to model this coupling model between DR and microstrip lines surely.

Dose anyone find some ways? Maybe upload model maked by HFSS here kindly if possible.We can discuss this problem all together.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back