Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This is a basic question ,but i can not understand it.help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calven303

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear:
i find a question when i learn the book named RF circuit design theory and applications(written by Reinhold Ludwig ,Pavel Bretchko).
this book says the TEM mode of the electromagnetic wave is the only mode considered(in chapter 1).since it is TEM mode ,the electronic field is orthogonal to the direction of propagation;but this book also says that if the wave is conbined to a conducting medium, the electric field has a component along the medium,and when this component is integrated along the medium ,we get a voltage drop.does this mean the wave can not be treated as TEM mode approximately when the wave is conbined to the conducting medium:?: if it is not the TEM mode ,the question will be out of the range considered in this book;if it is still TEM mode approximately ,why does the electric field have a compenent along the medium and the electronic field is no longer orthogonal to the direction fo propagation:?:
according to chapter 1 and what i have learned,i think this wave is still TEM mode approximately.but if it is TEM mode and the electric field is orthogonal to the direction fo propagation ,there will be no voltage drop along the medium according to the low frequency theory.and how can this be explained using the theory of electromagnetic :?:is this associated with that the amplitude of the electronic field is always changing?
hepe me:!:thanks:!:

Re: This is a basic question ,but i can not understand it.he

Hi
TEM mode is simplification
We observe NOT TEM modes realy
The voltage drop is term which is not defined exactly it depends on integration pass at RF freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back