Thinking of Designing a New System........Need to know how a Optical Reader Works....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sole_developer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to know how an optical reader in a portable audio player works........I am planning on interfacing it with a computer to see how it works (any help on achieving this...I was planning on using VC++...anything better please advise)..... I mean, how data is being read (what instructions do what...), etc....I am in the process of connecting it to the PC and getting the results,,,,please suggest any software that I can use (I don't have an Osiclloscope)...so like a computer version of it!!

Thanks in advance

If you want to check signals using a computer, try a logic analyzer. Its almost like an oscilloscope, obviously can't detect higher frequencies, but it connects to usb and comes with software. Also, I am sure that if the optical reader you are using has a part number, you can find the data sheet.

Best of luck

Thank you again......This is a optical reader from a CD Player, I assume that most of them function the same way...SO i will look around...thank you....by the way....I heard of Oscilloscope Software, I feed the input into the Parallel Port and it maps it into an Oscilloscope software.....still looking around...thank for your help......

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Well still no luck....will keep you posted....but by any chance do have you run into any datasheets for CD Player Lens Unit.....I found a couple ..going thorugh them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…