Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Things to focus in Perl !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeet_asic

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

I'm new to ASIC Design and have been focusing on backend (PD) most of the time. Now I'm eager to learn few scripting languages like Perl or any other languages too.

Being fresher , what all basic topics should i focus in Perl so that i can easily get through interviews .

And please suggest any other language beside Perl which i should focus on which can help in Backend.

There are many tutorials online for perl, most of them cover the main topics of the language.
You can learn Tcl/Tk also.
Large part of the BackEnd work is to get information from large reports, so any programming language that work good on strings can be useful.

Beginner to Perl, Write codes to handle files like to copy, remove certain files in a defined directory.

Have fun with File Management, It will ease your work.

Beginner to Perl, Write codes to handle files like to copy, remove certain files in a defined directory.

Have fun with File Management, It will ease your work.

Focus on the concepts such as:
1. Pattern Matching,
2. Loops
3. String identification and extraction.

Almost these are the major players for backend Perl support.

There is a lot of scripting language. perl and tcl/tk is important in backend(PD) most of the online tutorial contain the important topics of perl script.
For basic
1.Controlling the program's Flow.
2.List and Arrays.
3.Pattern matching.
4.Hashes.
5.Files and directories.
"http://www.tutorialspoint.com/perl/index.htm"
Go through this tutorial link .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com