Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Things required to make an RC car with pwm control system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshae

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to complete a grouped project on RC Car which should have PWM control system to control its speed.
The basic things that are needed are:
1)one servo to change direction of steeling
2)dc motor
3)batteries
4)(v/f method).. to control speed by variable voltage.
5)gears

So what more things i need to make it fully working like a remote control car available in the market and what sort of micro-controllers, bridges, rectifiers, switches are used in it for controlling the speed of motor and servo.

And if there you can find any detailed project with all the steps given w/without circuit diagram.. so it would be a great help for me.

Here are some ideas, so you can design this yourself.
Look up Rohm BA2266A datasheet on google to get an idea of what you need to develop. Design your communication protocol.
You could use a microcontroller. Or you could actually use a BA2266A if you can find one (it is ancient - there are
some sellers on ebay) but that's too easy.
By the way, pulse position modulation is the way to go - the datasheet explains it.
Look up some robotic websites (or look inside some toys) to get an idea of what is available in terms of mechanics etc -
I can't really help with that. Read up on servo PWM, and motor driver circuits. Become familiar with C programming and
PIC or AVR devices.
That's sufficient information for you to come up with your own, unique design.

The heart of the RC system is its servos. These are electric motors with a gear box and a crank or such like to provide mechanical movement, which is also linked to a pot to provide electrical feedback of the movement. So if you have some one capable of building one, get him to build at least three (steering, speed, gears)!! If it is beyond your capabilities, buy a ready made servo, then you also get linked into that servos feedback system (normally PPM with a 1mS pulse). The electronics is quite easy, its the mechanical stuff that is difficult.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back