Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thesis on Reconfigurable computing, any help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamadeh

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am searching for thesis ideas in the field of reconfigurable computing (especially FPGAs) , I have a huge interest in cryptography, but the problem that thousands of researches are done in this field, so I am trying to find something new that's related to this field.
I found some papers regarding a "Wearable computing" with the use of reconfigurable computing, so do you think that its an interesting field to do a research on?
And please if you have any useful ideas post them so I can get the most benefit of them.
Thanks in advance ...

Thanks, I will download and check them now ...
I appreciate any other suggestions from you guys

there're a lot of books about that:"Cryptography" by Setti. G

Hi,

If you'd browse around Altera's website, you'll find that their Nios softcore processors can be equipped with 'costumisable' instructions. You can make those as complex as you want. You could make an instruction of a complete encryption proces.

Also I'm very interested in this topic and I have a lot of articles of reconfigurable computing.

Hi..
What I'm looking for is the "idea" more than an article !
I mean I'm interested in knowing some good ideas that one can do a thesis on, once I know this idea I can search for an article regarding its subject.
So ... Any other suggestion please ?

Hello.

Is this for a Ph.D?
Why not try to make a processor?
Or build some algorithms for CRCs?

A friend of mine did the last one some years ago.

Just an idea.

Hope that helped.

kostbill said:
Hello.

Is this for a Ph.D?

No... its a master thesis, and I'm hoping to do it on something related to the area of RC and cryptography, or on some on a new area maybe.

mmm, Anybody have an idea about the efficiency of implementing cryptographic algorithm on a "reconfigurable computing systems" such as Morphosys ?

What is Morphosys? Do you have references about it?

Dear Member
U may want to have a look at the reconfigurability page under research ....It might help You.

**broken link removed**

Regards
Ess ESS

I have two ideas for you. One more related to reconfiguration is about Software Radios (search in google JTRS + Xilinx for example) and a second field of study may be sthg about image processing.

Hope it helps you.

if you are interested in cryptography then you can choose like AES and then look for all possible architecture ideas in IEEE research journals and then come up with your own implementation of a customized architecture and then improve the performance by any ecided parameter either of area , power or timing or may be a combination of these.
Replace AES with some thing else and follow the same strategy

i hope this gets you started for your research

Thanks "nashafi" , I am actualy thinking to do something like that, but the problem that there is alot of implementations of this area, and I hoped that I can do something new ( I mean do the thesis in a new topic of cyrptography)...

If you want some materials on reconfigurable computing.. take a look at this.. this might really help

h**p://www.ics.uci.edu/~sumitg/cadpages/reconfig.html

hope this helps.

with regards,

i once attended an IEEE seminar where this guy presented a paper on a fully reconfigurable FPGA. it was attended by big people form MD Robotics and other companies interested in this technology. i asked some questions during the seminar:

Q: "why would anyone want to use this technology"
A: " think of applications where it is impossible for a human to go there and fix the hardware. bottom of mine shafts, nuclear control, satalites. wouldn't it be nice if the FPGA where capable of fixing itself?"

Q: "what where the major challenges in your thesis"
A: "lack of publically available information. when i started my thesis in 2001 there were about 10 of us that regularily contacted each other via the internet to share ideas. now i can not find them anymore, it is like they disapeared. for the last year or so I have been very much on my own."

Funny conclusion, the guy that presented the papers sufficiently impressed the crowd and was hired by MD Robotics. I have not heard or seen of him since..

Good luck!
Mr.Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back