Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thershold value for SI analysis in encounter tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

viswanadh_babu

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one,

In encounter , if i specify noise thershold as 20% VDD, then it is stated in the mannuals that if volatge exceeds 20 % of VDD , the tool will consider it as glicth.
i.e. if a logic zero signal is present on a net and if the signal apperas to be { ligic 0 + 20%of vdd } but, if logic 1 is present then what is the situation.

Regards,
Vb

hi,

if signal is logic 1 then its value will be vdd but if logic level changes form 0 to 1 then there will be overshoot while reaches to logic1 and after some time it will be stable at vdd.

hth

viswanadh_babu said:
Hi every one,

In encounter , if i specify noise thershold as 20% VDD, then it is stated in the mannuals that if volatge exceeds 20 % of VDD , the tool will consider it as glicth.
i.e. if a logic zero signal is present on a net and if the signal apperas to be { ligic 0 + 20%of vdd } but, if logic 1 is present then what is the situation.

Regards,
Vb

If the logic 1 is present on the net the signal shd be within this limit { logic VDD - 20% of VDD} then there will be no problem....otherwise it flags an errors indicating glitch is present.........thanku:D

then we need to consider 1-20%(VDD) , if it seems to be less than that value then

flags an error. as glitch.

thanq>......:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back