Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermistor or LD35 for (PIC based project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,

just wanna know more about how thermistor and ld35 work.
which one is more suitable for human temperature measurement?
and how do i measure if im using thermistor and the way ld35 measure the temperature. by skin contact to human body? or how?

and which type is more suitable if im building it in my project with pic?

pls provide me some solution/website/code/circuit/schematic diagram of the thermistor or ld35 which implement with pic and show the temperature on the pc.

any of suggestion is much appreciated.

thanks!:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I’m not quite sure what an LD 35 is…. But I can tell you a little about thermistors. I’m using one for a little paid project and it seems to be working well. The thing about thermistors is that they aren’t trimmed very accurately, so you will need to do some calibration on in order to get precise results. But once you take care of the calibration you should be able to get very good accuracies with a really inexpensive part. Microchip Corp. has several app notes on the matter, but here is one of them:

**broken link removed**

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I’m not quite sure what an LD 35 is…. But I can tell you a little about thermistors. I’m using one for a little paid project and it seems to be working well. The thing about thermistors is that they aren’t trimmed very accurately, so you will need to do some calibration on in order to get precise results. But once you take care of the calibration you should be able to get very good accuracies with a really inexpensive part. Microchip Corp. has several app notes on the matter, but here is one of them:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Hello eda_ia,
it suppose to be LM35 Precision Centigrade Temperature Sensor, previously was my typing error.
may i know what type of thermistor u are using for ur little paid project?

In my project, im using PIC and link to my PC for calibration and display the temperature.
Is your little paid project almost similar to mine?

can send me ur circuit design/image/report regarding to your little paid project if you dont mind, i need some references, i would be much appreaciated. :)

my email:(register.account@hotmail.com)

thanks!:grin::grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.