Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thermal simulation on ADS without having DemoKit library

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamis288

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working on AFIC10275n which is a RF power amplifier. I want to perform thermal simulation on it. large signal model is available. this model, does not have any layout, so all of the simulations are done in schematic. in the schematic model property, you can see some parameters related to thermal simulation including RTH, CTH, TSNK (the photo is attached named thermal property).
I have watched some tutorials about thermal simulation in ADS and all of them, use a DemoKit library ( which you should introduce that in thermal technology). but, no DemoKit library is presented by the producer company.
as whole, what library do I must attach to thermal technology?

Attachments

• thermal property.png
    thermal property.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 182
  • thermal technology.png
    thermal technology.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 186

Have you considered building it and testing it? sooner or later you will have to, and those small capacitors may be located at slightly different positions/values, or even missing on purpose. FREESCALE is now NXP, the evaluation kit (including some Spice files) are available here nxp.com/parts/AFIC10275N#/

The 2 side lines you point at with red arrows are NOT CUT. They feed current to the transistor. The lower one is VDD and the upper one goes to ground. The curly paths are no top up the distance to quarter wavelenth so no rf leakage or rf noise can easily use these feed lines : It's a short next to the thixk pins but by the lengths down to GND and VDD both are open (rf) circuits. So don't cut them.

Status
Not open for further replies.