Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thermal printer parallel interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkiii

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i m using a thermal printer in my project. i sent ascii codes to the printer with parallel port and it works. example if i send "65", printer write "A". but i don't make big character size and the printer is writing small. how can i make big character size? and my thermal printer's name is celectronic card star thermodrucker.

If printing format commands are not documented in the manual, ask the manufacturer. If large fonts are not provided by the printer there may be an option to print it as user graphics.

Can you attach the data sheet & specs of the printing mechanism you are using?
Regards,
Jerin.

i m using celectronic card star thermodrucker printer. it only works on parallel port. now i m using this printer with a computer program which i coded that program with c#. i will succeed to work the printer right, i will use it a microcontroller which is PIC16F877. now i try to work the printer. in the C# program there is a textbox and a button. i write string character in the textbox and that program convert string to byte and send byte to data port of parallel port. i works this printer with this way. i haven't datasheet of printer but i can attach the C# program.

Actually i too have worked over making a thermal printer driver unit & the printing mechanism used was that of SEIKO. I used the controller 18F4620 for coding & did the coding in C language using MikroC compiler.........
Regards,
Jerin. :)

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

We used com port serial communication between the driver & computer.............

i haven't datasheet of printer but i can attach the C# program
Don't you understand, that printing additional fonts, graphics, etc. is a matter of the specific printer? Without any knowledge about it's support for control commands, e.g. EPSON ESC P sequences, it's a helpless case. I think you have three options:
- accept the printout as it is
- try to loacate a user manual or contact the manufacturer for additional information
- find out by trial and error, if the printer possibly understands popular printer control commands, particularly ESC P.

Yes. FvM is rite. Do check for any such specs & just attach it over. We will help you to sort it out the problem..........
Regards,
Jerin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back