Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thermal printer interface????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hajeera

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
**broken link removed**

this is a thermal printer which i am planning to buy and use for my embedded project..
i am planning to use PIC16f877A to interface.. can someone please tel me whether this is possible..???

and also can anyone provide me the details of this printer..???

Since the Thermal Printer has the RS232 interface you can very well interface with your PIC controller and print whatever you want..Just follow the Pin connection details as given in the thermal printer and a simple Printf in your microcontroller will be more than enough to print the characters in the thermal printer...

If you trying to interface a thermal printer to the 16F877A, well the answer to your question is yes, it is possible provided you are able to write a very efficient code which can sit in 8Kb which i think is possible.

If you are using more external interfaces, chances are that you might run out of pins. Most thermal printers need about 20 odd pins for interface depending upon the kind of printer you are using.

Or as shankar suggested, if you have a ready module with UART interface, then all that you will need is a TX pin and a GND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back