Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermal Analysis on PCB board

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmittal

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb thermal analysis

Hi all,

I want to perform thermal analysis on the PCB board I am working on, so I can find which part of PCB gets more heated as compared to the other parts.

I know Mentor has a tool hyper lynx to do this type of analysis. I was wondering if cadence has something similar to it that can perform thermal analysis on the PCB board.

In order to perform thermal analysis what type of information or data is required

Thanks
Gaurav Mittal

thermal analysis pcb

I am not familiar with the commercial tools (I think they are too expensive), but I have some success with ThSim (from sourceforge.net). This program translates the heat generation/distribution network to an electrical RC equivalent and then uses Spice for simulating this, then reads back this data and displays the heat dissipation in the structure.

The basic inputs that you need are: material properties (size, thickness, thermal conductivity, specific heat capacitance, specific weight) and the generated power.

thermal analysis of pcb

Hyperlynx is not for thermal analysis..

it is used for signal integrity and EMC analysis..

for thermal Mentor is having BETASOFT tool..actually this tool was acquired by Mentor last year if i am not wrong.
you have to check with CADENCE whether they are dealing with that tool?

Regards,
abhi

pcb thermal analysis tools

The two most used thermal analysis tools:

FlowTherm from MentorMentor
Icepak from Ansys

what is pcb thermal analysis

I use Orcad & to carry out a thermal analysis I use IDF out > Solidworks > into CFDesign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back